The Pothos is also called the Epipremnum aureum, which is its scientific name. Almost all the Pothos varieties fall under this classification.
However, a few Scindapsus plants and other genera are likewise called Pothos.
So, it can sometimes be confusing.
Pothos are one of the most popular houseplants because of their beautiful leaves and trailing stems. They’re often found hanging from baskets or climbing up supports.
The plant is originally a native of the French Polynesia. However, due to its popularity, it has been naturalized in many other regions including Southeast Asia, Australia and parts of South Africa.
Pothos thrive in these regions because it likes temperate climates. It is also not frost hardy. As such, the regions where it is now native to all have warm to hot climates all year round.
Pothos are also known by many other names including Golden Pothos, taro vine and Ceylon creeper.
- Lemon Lime Philodendron vs. Neon Pothos Differences & Similarities
- Pothos N’Joy vs. Pearls and Jade (Differences and Similarities)
- How to Save an Underwatered Pothos
- How to Save Overwatered Pothos (Devil’s Ivy)
- How Often to Water Pothos?
- Why Are My Pothos Leaves Turning White? (And How to Fix)
- Why is My Pothos Drooping? (And How to Revive Wilting Pothos)
- Shangri La Pothos Care – How to Grow Sleeping Pothos
- Jade Satin Pothos Houseplant Care – Guide to Growing Jade Satin Scindapsus
- Pothos Root Rot (Causes & Solutions)
- How To Propagate a Satin Pothos Plant
- How Fast Does Pothos Grow and How to Make it Grow Faster
- Green Queen Pothos – Tips for Growing Indoors & Outdoors
- How to Make Pothos Grow Faster?
- Why Does My Pothos Have Brown Spots? (Causes & Solutions)
- Why Are My Satin Pothos Leaves Curling – How to Fix Scindapsus Leaf Curl
- Why are My Pothos Leaves Turning Yellow?
- Pothos Leaves Turning Brown: Causes & Treatments
- Why are My Pothos Leaves Curling?
- Global Green Pothos Rare Plant Care Guide
- Scindapsus Pictus Silvery Ann Care – Growing Silvery Ann Pothos
- Scindapsus Treubii Moonlight Care – Growing Moonlight Pothos
- Are Pothos Toxic to Cats?
- Hawaiian Pothos – Ultimate Growing & Caring Guide
- Emerald Pothos Care Guide – How to Grow Epipremnum Aureum ‘Emerald’
- Silver Splash Pothos Care – Growing Scindapsus Pictus ‘Exotica’ Houseplant
- Cebu Blue Pothos Plant Care – How to Grow Epipremnum Pinnatum
- Growing & Caring for Jessenia Pothos (Epipremnum Aureum ‘Jessenia’)
- Pearls and Jade Pothos (Epipremnum Aureum) Plant Care
- How to Grow Manjula Pothos (Epipremnum aureum ‘Manjula’)
- Growing & Caring for Snow Queen Pothos (Epipremnum aureum ‘Snow Queen’)
- Satin Pothos (Silver Pothos) Plant Care: Growing Scindapsus Pictus
- Jade Pothos (Epipremnum Aureum Jade) Caring & Growing Guide