Last Updated on March 30, 2022 by Admin
The Pothos is also called the Epipremnum aureum, which is its scientific name. Almost all the Pothos varieties fall under this classification.
However, a few Scindapsus plants and other genera are likewise called Pothos.
So, it can sometimes be confusing.
Pothos are one of the most popular houseplants because of their beautiful leaves and trailing stems. They’re often found hanging from baskets or climbing up supports.
The plant is originally a native of the French Polynesia. However, due to its popularity, it has been naturalized in many other regions including Southeast Asia, Australia and parts of South Africa.
Pothos thrive in these regions because it likes temperate climates. It is also not frost hardy. As such, the regions where it is now native to all have warm to hot climates all year round.
Pothos are also known by many other names including Golden Pothos, taro vine and Ceylon creeper.
- Why Are My Pothos Leaves Turning Black? (And How to Fix It)
- Marble Queen Pothos Yellow Leaves (Causes and Solutions)
- Pothos Aerial Roots (What are They, Does the Plant Need Them, Can You Remove these Roots)
- Snow Queen vs. Marble Queen Pothos Difference and Similarities
- Pothos N Joy Vs Glacier (The Differences and Similarities)
- Manjula Pothos Vs Marble Queen (Differences and Similarities)
- Hawaiian Pothos vs. Golden Pothos – Difference and Similarities
- Marble Queen Pothos vs. Golden Pothos: What’s the Difference?
- Lemon Lime Philodendron vs. Neon Pothos Differences & Similarities
- Pothos N’Joy vs. Pearls and Jade (Differences and Similarities)
- How to Save an Underwatered Pothos
- How to Save Overwatered Pothos (Devil’s Ivy)
- How Often to Water Pothos?
- Why Are My Pothos Leaves Turning White? (And How to Fix)
- Why is My Pothos Drooping? (And How to Revive Wilting Pothos)
- Shangri La Pothos Care – How to Grow Sleeping Pothos
- Jade Satin Pothos Houseplant Care – Guide to Growing Jade Satin Scindapsus
- Pothos Root Rot (Causes & Solutions)
- How To Propagate a Satin Pothos Plant
- How Fast Does Pothos Grow and How to Make it Grow Faster
- Green Queen Pothos – Tips for Growing Indoors & Outdoors
- How to Make Pothos Grow Faster?
- Why Does My Pothos Have Brown Spots? (Causes & Solutions)
- Why Are My Satin Pothos Leaves Curling – How to Fix Scindapsus Leaf Curl
- Why are My Pothos Leaves Turning Yellow?
- Pothos Leaves Turning Brown: Causes & Treatments
- Why are My Pothos Leaves Curling?
- Global Green Pothos Rare Plant Care Guide
- Scindapsus Pictus Silvery Ann Care – Growing Silvery Ann Pothos
- Scindapsus Treubii Moonlight Care – Growing Moonlight Pothos
- Are Pothos Toxic to Cats?
- Hawaiian Pothos – Ultimate Growing & Caring Guide
- Emerald Pothos Care Guide – How to Grow Epipremnum Aureum ‘Emerald’