Last Updated on October 31, 2021 by Phil
Front garden driveway ideas play an important role in your home’s façade. Besides your porch and front yard, this is what most people will get to see when they stop in front of your home.
As such, attention to its aesthetics is important if you want to make your home stand out amongst your neighbors.
Here are some amazing ways you can spruce up your front driveway by adding a garden to it.
Low Maintenance Front Garden Driveway Ideas
Gravel Driveway Garden Edge
Gravel, when laid out properly makes for amazing driveways and walkways around the house. This is a beautiful example of how you can even spruce it up with a garden border of low hedges.
That said, the way the gravel is even placed with almost flat rocky texture makes this a perfect match.
Shrubs & Bushes Driveway Garden
Shrubs and bushes are another amazing way to decorate your driveway.
Let’s face it driveways are boring. Sure you can change up the texture, color and design of the surface.
But, at the end of the day, it’s still a flat surface so you’re fairly limited by what you can do about it.
Bushes and shrubs add nature to the driveway’s gravel, concrete or cement. They also add character and varying looks to spruce things up.
- 15 Low Maintenance Front Garden Driveway Ideas
- 14 Adorable DIY Ideas for Original Garden Pots
- 13 Exquisite DIY Garden Stepping Stone Ideas
- 14 Gorgeous DIY Gabion Ideas for Backyards
- 13 Lovely Shade Garden Design Ideas – How to Design a Beautiful Shade Garden
- 12 Extraordinary Bamboo Landscaping Ideas You Must See
Brick & Stone Driveway Garden
In addition to adding plants around the driveway, you can also use a combination of different materials to create form.
Here, the brick border laid out in horizontal fashion curving along with the stone driveway makes takes your standard car path and takes it up a couple of notches.
Flower Driveway Garden
This is another take on using nature around the garden.
But, unlike above where the garden extends out right to the side of the driveway, this one is surrounded by a wooden fence.
Above that fence is a whole lawn and garden with tall grass and flowering hedges that give you a beautiful wall of green and different colors.
Low Maintenance Driveway Garden
Unfortunately, the more plants you have near your driveway also means there’s more maintenance to do. It is important to trim any long bushes or small trees so that they don’t extend out into your driving path which can become dangerous is they grow long enough.
So, if you prefer something low maintenance, this is a great option.
Here, the driveway is surrounded by a raised bed that’s filled with stone and gravel. There are only a few plant which gives you some natural pieces but limits the amount of upkeep and watering.
This is just as beautiful as the garden designs. Thus, making it a great option if you prefer something with less maintenance.
Minimalist Driveway Garden
Another way of adding nature around your driveway without it becoming a lot of work is to great a low maintenance garden.
Here, you have a driveway border with lost of soil and a few plants. Thus, it is easier to care for.
By the Side of the Driveway
This is very similar to the garden bed beside the driveway earlier.
But in this case, you have a raised border garden that’s surrounded by a lovely wooden wall.
This is an amazing design if your driveway is set near a corner or by the wall of your home.
Lighted Driveway Stone Garden
One of the potential issues of having gardens near your driveway is that they don’t provide any lighting.
Thus, a good way to remedy that is to create short lamps distanced a few feet apart.
This kind of mimics the airport runway at night where you have lights guiding your way down into the garage.
Parallel Driveway Garden Paths
This looks like two car paths paved over a garden. And, it actually is.
But it is also a lovely way of incorporating the lawn and garden into your driveway as well.
Low Maintenance Border Garden
If you happen to have a driveway that’s just beside your lawn or garden, adding a low maintenance bed to the side is a lovely touch.
In this case, you have a variety of bushy plants of varying colors that bring it to life.
Fenced In Garden Driveway
This is something you may see as you approach a farmhouse or ranch spanning a few acres. The large white fences that border the pastures are right by the road.
And, just underneath them are short foliage plants, shrubs and bushes of different green and yellow hues.
Flower Border Driveway
Colorful flowers bordering a driveway are always stunning to look at. You also get to choose whether or not you want to use foliage plants or flowers. And, by varying the colors, you add a different dimension to their look.
Ficus Hedge by the Driveway
Ficus are among the most popular mini trees around because there are so many different variations of them each with their own distinct look.
In this case, you have a beautiful row of medium sized trees lined up to the side of a brick driveway.
This gives it a countryside feel similar to that of large villas in Europe are you drive towards the front door.
Hedge Driveway Garden
I love the way this driveway extends into the front door. It’s like guiding you in telling, “follow me”.
And, to the make entire path more welcoming there are lovely well-trimmed hedges in the edge.
Into the Driveway
Here’s another gravel and rock driveway that’s gorgeous. And, I’ll admit that if I had a neighbor with this front yard, I’d be jealous out of my mind.
The combination of the partly hidden inner garage and garden bed island are toppings on the cake as the amazing garden backdrop of colors is spectacular to look at.
- Gravel Driveway Garden Edge – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/38139928083358950/
- Shrubs & Bushes Driveway Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/21110691993623315/
- Brick & Stone Driveway Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1055599901868353/
- Flower Driveway Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/18577417199867527/
- Low Maintenance Driveway Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/10203536644798220/
- Minimalist Driveway Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/586242076475353383/
- By the Side of the Driveway – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/82894449375444031/
- Lighted Driveway Stone Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/492649935873073/
- Parallel Driveway Garden Paths – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/9851692923410938/
- Low Maintenance Border Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1337074873589807/
- Fenced In Garden Driveway – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/55802482871349277/
- Flower Border Driveway – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/422281202687072/
- Ficus Hedge by the Driveway – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/351912451942094/
- Hedge Driveway Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/351912460968594/
- Into the Driveway – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/56787645274622035/