Last Updated on October 31, 2021 by Phil
DIY tiered raised garden bed setups are amazing for your garden because they allow you to increase the space you have for planting. In addition to that, you’re able to use the exact kind of soil that’s needed by the specific plant you wish to grow there.
However, while most garden beds are arranged in a square or rectangular manner, you can liven their design up by making a few simple changes.
Here are some amazing looking DIY tiered raised garden bed designs that you can try.
Unique DIY Tiered Raised Garden Bed
Ladder-style Tiered Raised Garden Bed
This beautiful garden bed is composed of 4 tiers and arranged like they are steps up a ladder or stairs.
This is a lovely way to save space that’s also very visually pleasing as well.
The best part is you can create this yourself. All it takes is a few pieces of wood to create the boxes. Do make sure to measure them so each of the boxes are exactly the same size.
Then, place one over the other box while letting each bottom rest on the top edge of the lower one.
Simple DIY Tiered Raised Garde Bed
This is another simple DIY creation that makes use of 3 different boxes. The lowest raised bed is the biggest. And, it provides the base of the entire structure as well.
Here, you can create whatever size of beds you want. And, you also get to choose how high they are.
- 14 Inventive Houseplant Decor Ideas That Will Make Your Home Stand Out
- 15 Low Maintenance Front Garden Driveway Ideas
- 14 Adorable DIY Ideas for Original Garden Pots
- 13 Exquisite DIY Garden Stepping Stone Ideas
- 14 Gorgeous DIY Gabion Ideas for Backyards
- 13 Lovely Shade Garden Design Ideas – How to Design a Beautiful Shade Garden
Vertical Tiered Raised Garden
This tiered raised garden is perfect both for indoors, in your garden or on the patio.
It isn’t as big as the others in the list. And, it is designed to take up a smaller footprint.
What I love about this design is the boxes are angled differently at each level. The lowest being flat, while the highest on an incline.
DIY Puzzle Style Raised Garden Beds
If you don’t like the standard square or rectangular shaped garden beds, here are a few options.
These stack beds of different size and arrange them in different ways. And, in doing so, they’re able to create beautiful designs that are unique.
This is a great way to personalize your garden as well.
Separate Tiered Raised Garden
This set of 3 garden beds are tiered in a different way. They are built from small, medium and large, each one with their own different shape.
2-Tiered Raised Wooden Garden Bed
This 2 level raised wooden garden be is perfect if you want to be able to plant different things. It allows you to fill each bed with the right kind of soil that each specific plant. And, they’re deep enough to accommodate a wide variety of them.
DIY Tiered Raised Garden Bed with Decorative Backdrop
This tiered raised garden bed design uses a longer legs to allow for more space underneath where you can grow plants.
Each bed is also built higher to allow you to accommodate plants that develop deep roots.
The best part about this set is its finish. It has a lovely smoothened finish with some simple but beautiful touches.
Garden Bed with Seating
Here’s something you don’t see every day. It is a large square garden bed with additional flaps on the side that allow you to sit on them.
This is something similar to the ledges you see in malls or theme parks were there are 4 sides for guests to sit down.
2-Tier Herb Garden
Here’s another raised garden bed design that looks like the shelves in your local supermarket or the cooler section.
You have a few rows of plants that are separated into boxes. This makes them perfect for growing herbs.
Square 3-Tierd Raised Garden
This square tiered garden bed is composed of 3 levels and built like a pyramid. Each of the beds above is smaller than the other and allows you to grow more in the same amount of space.
Elevated DIY Wooden Raised Garden Bed
In case you don’t need very deep beds of soil, here’s a good option you can use. This one is a compact raised garden bed with fairly shallow areas for plant.
Thus, they’re better for smaller plants.
DIY Roof Sheeting Raised Garden Bed
If you have extra aluminum roofing that’s left from your previous remodel, you can use them to create this lovely DIY tiered garden bed set.
It is made from 3 different beds with the biggest one out in front. The borders of the beds are made from wood which complement the roof sheeting nicely.
Of course, it is up to you to decide how many beds to create and what size and heights to use depending on where you want to place them and what you’re planting in them.
Space Saving Tiered Garden Bed
This can be made using a combination of plastic and metal. The stand does take some metal fabrication so you do want to be careful when welding.
The planters fit nicely into the shelves allowing you to grow different plants, herbs or flowers in them.
3-Tier Raised Garden Bed
If you don’t have a lot of space and can only spare some room to the side of your yard, here’s a great idea you can use to grow a few different types of plants.
The raised garden beds are split into 3 tiers with the tallest on the nearside of the photo. The other two rows are then divided into halves so make them easier to build as well as be able to grow different plants as well.
- Ladder-style Tiered Raised Garden Bed – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2111131066506526/
- Simple DIY Tiered Raised Garde Bed – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5840674504986428/
- Vertical Tiered Raised Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/677228862715835672/
- DIY Puzzle Style Raised Garden Beds – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1196337390824901/
- Separate Tiered Raised Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/469359592421022349/
- 2-Tiered Raised Wooden Garden Bed – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/14073817574353599/
- DIY Tiered Raised Garden Bed with Decorative Backdrop – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/847380486134688717/
- Garden Bed with Seating – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/81838918219451519/
- 2-Tier Herb Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/24066179235546640/
- Square 3-Tierd Raised Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/139822763420075175/
- Elevated DIY Wooden Raised Garden Bed – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/356417758016330031/
- DIY Roof Sheeting Raised Garden Bed – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/844493656473362/
- Space Saving Tiered Garden Bed – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/494692340324173998/
- 3-Tier Raised Garden Bed – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/230950287115976729/