Last Updated on October 31, 2021 by Phil
Looking for DIY potting bench ideas? Here are some of the best around that you can steal!
Whether you’re looking for an all-purpose bench, something full-service or space saving, we’ve got them below.
Even better, some of the benches are made from repurposed items. So, you don’t have to build them from scratch.
Go ahead, check them out and see which one suits your needs best.
Gorgeous Yet Practical DIY Potting Bench Ideas
DIY Potting Bench with Tub
I love this DIY potting bench because it lets you get messy without having to worry about doing a lot of cleaning after.
If you’ve dealt with soil and wood, you know it can be hard to get rid of those itsy bitsy particles that get stuck in the creases. So, a tub fixes all these problems.
Once, you’re done, it is so much easier to clean up.
DIY Wooden Potting Bench with Aluminum Tub
If you have some extra wood lying around left from past renovations, you can use it to create this lovely work bench.
The addition of the alumni tub gives you an easy to clean section where you can mix soil or do so pot cleaning if needed.
The large bottom storage and spacious shelves make this a great space-saving option.
- 13 Amazing Ideas for Reusing Wooden Pallets in the Garden
- 13 Creative Ways to Use Old Tires in Your Garden
- 14 Beautiful Garden Shed Painting Ideas that Inspire
- 12 Amazing DIY Raised Planter Box Ideas
- 11 Stunning DIY Outdoor Decorating Ideas on a Budget
- 13 Garden Floor Decorating Ideas That Will Wow Your Neighbors
Lemonade Stand Potting Bench
This design reminds me of a lemonade stand. But, it is well-designed to fit all the things you need plus the space to work in.
The lovely roofing is a great touch as it lets you work without having to worry about the harsh afternoon sun.
Country Style Potting Bench
Old kitchen counters or tables are perfect as potting benches because they have all the things you need to work. In a way, your kitchen prep island is very similar to your garden workspace.
This makes old kitchen furniture very easy to repurpose for your shed or workshop.
Simple Potting Bench
This is one of the simplest designs I’ve seen. But, it offers a lot of free space and storage below.
It is akin to an open floor space in homes or in offices where you are able to work without having to worry about where to put things.
DIY Painted Potting Bench
This simple painted potting bench is perfect for smaller spaces or if you don’t need a lot of room to work. It had got everything you need including a lovely work area and a lower shelf to place everything.
The slats also make it easy for dirt to get through so you don’t end up with a table full of soil.
Full-Sized Potting Bench
This is the mother of all potting benches. It’s got everything you need including the kitchen sink!
Not only do you have a secondary shelf to place some pots but also extra cabinets on top and spacious area below the counter.
Of course, the counter itself has tons of room as well.
DIY Potting Bench with Sink
If you’re a messy worker like me, it always helps having a source of running water somewhere nearby. This lets you rinse your hands as well as some of the items you’re using.
And, this potting bench comes with a large sink that will let you give your plants a nice shower during the peak of summer.
Cabinet Potting Bench with Roof
This is one of the largest DIY potting benches in our list. It is very well crafted and equipped with everything you need to work comfortably.
The large bottom cabinets let you store away almost anything including pots, bags and tools. The spacious counter allows for two people to work simultaneously without getting in one another’s way.
And, I love the roofing with keeps some of the sun away.
Simple DIY Potting Bench with Wooden Finish
Simple and practical always works. And, this is a lovely potting bench that gives you a ton of working space as well as storage above and below.
I love the dark brown wood finish that contrasts the white paint as well.
DIY Potting Bench from Repurposed Cabinet
Repurposing old furniture for your garden is one way of saving money so you don’t need to buy anything new. Tables, desks and anything with shelves goes a long way if you do any gardening or have a workshop.
They provide space and give you a working area.
In this case, you can use to top shelves for pots while the desk as your workspace.
DIY Pallet Potting Bench
Pallets are amazing because you can do almost anything with them. One very useful option you can do with old shipping pallets is to use it to create a DIY potting bench.
The slats on the pallet are perfect for shelves and hanging tools. Plus, you can use parts of the wood for the workspace as well.
Small Potting Bench for Tight Spaces
One thing I learned having a small garden when I started working is that you can always find something that will fit into your situation.
Such is the case with this potting bench. It is much smaller than many of the others in our DIY potting bench ideas list. But, it is not short for features or space in which to work in.
Upcycled Dresser Potting Bench
Everyone’s got an old cabinet drawer that they don’t use anymore. So why not turn it into a potting bench?
This is perfect because you have drawers to place the smaller hand tools. And, the cabinet will have some space for shelves as well.
In this case, removing the mirror gives you a frame that can be used to hand some often-used garden tools.
- DIY Potting Bench with Tub – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/8725793014722585/
- DIY Wooden Potting Bench with Aluminum Tub – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/314477986466514799/
- Lemonade Stand Potting Bench – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/9781324179879656/
- Country Style Potting Bench – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/294704369358044040/
- Simple Potting Bench – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1407443623698733/
- DIY Painted Potting Bench – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/265571709266737135/
- Full-Sized Potting Bench – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/664984701211394962/
- DIY Potting Bench with Sink – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3377768461374824/
- Cabinet Potting Bench with Roof – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2251868552351988/
- Simple DIY Potting Bench with Wooden Finish – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/20758848271535367/
- DIY Pallet Potting Bench – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/164099980157659131/
- Small Potting Bench for Tight Spaces – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/142989356909514167/