Got some old pallets taking up space in your storage shed? How about creating some DIY pallet fence projects with them? I’ve got a few amazing ideas that will help you brainstorm some options for your front or backyard.
Pallets are wonderful because they not only helpful as platform and for moving larger objects. But, they’re also very versatile in that you can do tons of things with them.
However, left sitting around, they can take up a lot of room because of their size.
Here are some awesomely creative ways to reuse old pallets to create DIY fences for your home.
DIY Vegetable Garden Pallet Fence
Here’s something you can use if you have a vegetable or flower garden that you want to keep safe from animals like deer and rabbits.
All you need are some old pallets of relatively the same size and line them up to create a fence. You cand decide how big the space it covers. And, you can leave it as is like the image or paint it if you’d like to show off your personality.
DIY Backyard Privacy Fence
You can also use old pallets but taking them a bit apart to create a fence. This gives you something thinner which makes for a great looking fence.
It’s strong and sturdy. And there are no sharp tips that could potentially hurt your kids if they decide to play and climb the fence.
Like the previous DIY pallet fence ideas, you can leave the pallets unpainted which makes for a more classic look.
- Ways to Reuse Old Bricks to Renovate Your Garden
- Rock Landscaping Ideas for Side of House
- Creative Garden Gate Ideas
- 13 DIY Trellis Ideas
- DIY Garden Ideas & Decorations from Wood Branches, Twigs and Sticks
- Outdoor Bar Ideas
DIY Keep the Nosy Neighbors Out Pallet Fence
Got nosy neighbors or just want a bit more privacy? Here’s a tall privacy fence you can create.
It takes a little bit more work since you need to cover the holes, assuming you want complete privacy from the outside world.
Elegant Stained DIY Pallet Fence
If you want something that’s more formal and elegant, here’s another high privacy fence that goes up two pallets high.
You’ll need two pallets for each panel and also make sure that you get the same sized pallets. This will ensure that the they look uniform all throughout your entire fence.
Simple Pallet Privacy Fence
For something that looks more rustic, you can leave the pallets as is and use them that way.
Placing them on top of one another is a great ay to increase the height if you want to. And, you can likewise take out some of the slats if they go too much like the top pallets in the photo.
DIY Pallet Fence for Pots
I love multi-purpose tools and objects around the house. They help save space and money since you only need to get one item instead of two.
Here’s something you can do to decorate your privacy pallet fence. Container plants!
Whether you decide to grow herbs or flowers, it is up to you. And, you can arrange the pots the way you want to.
DIY Backyard Pallet Fence with Door
One of the best things about pallets is their versatility. And, while most of the fences you’ll see are either for the front yard, backyard or privacy in nature, you can add a little functionality to them as well.
This is a great example!
By screwing on hinge and drilling and few holes, you’ve got a swinging pallet door for easy access through the fence.
DIY Backyard Pallet Fence with Seating
Besides adding doors, you can also create some seating. Here’s one that’s well executed.
I love how they designed and put together the pallets so that it looks so professionally made.
The seats are perfect if the fence is in a tight space or if you like to entertain in that part of your yard.
DIY Pallet Fence with Planter
Here’s another take on adding flowers and pots to your pallet fence. But this time, your DIY pallet project will come with integrated planter.
This is perfect if you want to add something bigger than potted plants.
Of course, you can make it longer. Or, you can build it lower.
DIY Fortified Privacy Pallet Fence
If you experience strong winds or storms in your area, it’s a good idea to fortify your pallet fence so it does not end up getting damaged when these things happen.
Similarly, you can create something as strong as the fence here if you want the fence to be a permanent fixture that also designed to keep strangers away.
High DIY Privacy Fence with Planter
I love this DIY fence project creation because it wasn’t overly polished, which lets you know it is a do-it-yourself project and not something that was professionally created.
This gives it a more homey and welcoming feel to your home.
The side planter is likewise a great touch as its adds color to all the brown that’s around.
Backyard DIY Privacy Fence
This is another solid privacy fence perfect for your backyard. If you live near neighbors or have a yard that goes out into the woods where animals can get access to your home, this is a good idea to have.
It’s bigger and will require a bit more planning.
Decorative DIY Pallet Fence
Just because you used recycled pallets does not mean they can’t be look decorative. Here’s one example where you have alternative panels to create an in and out look.
It’s beautiful to look at and adds character which makes it very different from other fence designs.
- DIY Vegetable Garden Pallet Fence – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/30328997480054060/
- DIY Backyard Privacy Fence – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/4362930878195137/
- DIY Keep the Nosy Neighbors Out Pallet Fence – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/49187820919443844/
- Elegant Stained DIY Pallet Fence – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/88664686402461027/
- Simple Pallet Privacy Fence – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/37225134409604379/
- DIY Pallet Fence for Pots – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/40462096633156755/
- DIY Backyard Pallet Fence with Door – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/34269647149647019/
- DIY Backyard Pallet Fence with Seating – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/4855512087467101/
- DIY Pallet Fence with Planter – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/68741157682/
- DIY Fortified Privacy Pallet Fence – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/4855512088487331/
- High DIY Privacy Fence with Planter – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2322237296611630/
- Backyard DIY Privacy Fence – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/422281192673750/
- Decorative DIY Pallet Fence – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/23573598039441239/