Last Updated on October 31, 2021 by Phil
Does the façade of your home need an upgrade? Here are some gorgeous DIY hanging basket ideas for your porch to bring it back to life.
Besides your front yard, the porch is what represents how your home looks to most guests and passersby. As such, giving them the best impression is something every homeowner will strive for.
A good way to spruce of your home’s façade without spending a lot of money to remodel is by adding some beautiful nature elements to it.
Here’s how you can use hanging baskets to beautify your front porch.
DIY Hanging Basket Ideas for Your Porch
Large Hanging Baskets
These large hanging baskets are great for displaying colorful blooms. Their size allows them to hold a big bunch of flowers to produce the most showy effects.
As such, using bright, colorful blossoms give you the best bang for your buck.
That said, you do need to consider the weight of the basket as it can get heavy with soil especially after watering. This means you need to set up a strong hook that’s able to hold the entire basket from above.
Bushy Flower Baskets
This is another amazing eye catcher. You can produce this different effect by using different flowers and a slightly smaller basket.
Just like the previous hanging basket design, this requires a bit of upkeep to maintain its looks.
But, the extra work is well worth the results.
- 11 Captivating Fire Pit Pergola Ideas for Your Backyard
- 13 Simple DIY Compost Bin Ideas You Can Make on a Budget
- 13 Gorgeous Balcony Lighting Ideas to Light Up Your Home
- 13 Captivating Living Garden Decorations & Structures to DIY
- 15 Charming DIY Painted Rock Ideas for the Garden
- 12 Unique Garden Hose Holder Ideas
High Hanging Baskets for Trailing Plants
If you prefer trailing plants, then this hanging basket setup is something you might like.
It places the baskets much higher than the two previous designs. That’s because you want to showcase the vines that drape down from the basket.
The longer the vines, the higher you’ll need to keep the basket it order to produce the full effect.
The Mother of All Flower Hanging Baskets
I call this the mother of all DIY hanging basket ideas for your porch because there’s no way that anyone will be able to miss this creation.
It’s big, bold and beautiful. And, it features both foliage and colorful flowers.
Thus, is you want to create a centerpiece for the front of your house, this is a great idea.
Large Trailing Hanging Baskets
Here’s another variation of how you can display lovely trailing hanging baskets in your front porch.
The long cascading stems are amazing to look at. And, you want to be able to show off their length.
The key is to make sure that the top does get enough sunlight as this can be a problem when hung higher in the porch.
This is one lovely design you can replicate if you don’t like maintaining flowers.
Justin Bieber look-alike not included.
Metal Hanging Basket with Chain
If the front of your home is has metal posts then this metal hanging basket with chain makes a good match.
The metal frame reinforces the basket allowing you to grow bigger and bushier flowers.
3-Story Chain Plant Basket
Should you prefer a different effect, this is something worth considering.
Instead of just one large basket, why not use 3 of them. Each plant-filled basket is larger that the previous one with the lowest one having the most volume.
This allows both the baskets and overflowing plants to the best stars of the show.
Porch Rail Hangers
In case you prefer smaller hanging baskets, you can hang them from the porch rails instead of the ceiling or overhead beams.
This is a great design that not many people use. As such, it makes your home look more unique.
Plus, you can choose the type of hanging apparatus to produce the most stunning looks.
Hanging Basket Plant Stand with Sign
Most of the creations in our DIY hanging basket ideas for your front porch are hung from above. But, remember, you can always try different things.
This is one great example.
By hanging the beautiful flower basket from a sign post, you’re able to create a completely different effect for your front of house.
Burlap and Twine Hanging Basket
Tired of plain hanging baskets? Why not add some twine and burlap?
Together, they create a completely different look to the same basket you have.
You can try different ways of placing them create the look you want.
Galvanized Hanging Triple Planter
This lovely set of 3 hanging planters are not exactly baskets. But, they work just as well for your front porch because of they’re look.
It is a perfect addition if you have a small porch or don’t have a lot of space.
Lighted Bird’s Nest
These bird’s nest designs are amazing too look at. Plus, they can double as Christmas décor during the wintertime.
The lights are awesome addition as they bring out the shape of the baskets when it gets dark. This allows them to stand out even when the sun is out.
Colorful Triple Woven Baskets for Hanging Veggies
Here’s another variation of the 3-story basket above. But this time, it uses beautiful woven baskets in different colors. This helps create more character.
And, instead of foliage or flowers, it grows vegetables on the front porch.
It isn’t often that you see vegetables grown this way. But, if you use the right colors, they make for a wonderful design. Plus, they’re edible as well.
- Large Hanging Baskets – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3307399715796614/
- Bushy Flower Baskets – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/556264991454293638/
- High Hanging Baskets for Trailing Plants – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/36310340731357176/
- The Mother of All Flower Hanging Baskets – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/14496030038793175/
- Large Trailing Hanging Baskets – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/296182112988339228/
- Metal Hanging Basket with Chain – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/8585055527268094/
- 3-Story Chain Plant Basket – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/9992430402254328/
- Porch Rail Hangers – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/485896247289866506/
- Hanging Basket Plant Stand with Sign – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/220957925456382489/
- Burlap and Twine Hanging Basket – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3729612197302112/
- Galvanized Hanging Triple Planter – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/815292338791711859/
- Lighted Bird’s Nest – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/39265827979102806/
- Colorful Triple Woven Baskets for Hanging Veggies – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/56787645291047118/