Last Updated on October 31, 2021 by Phil
Enjoy these DIY gnome garden ideas and projects for kids!. These are perfect for you to spend some time with your kids outdoors so they don’t stay cooped up in the house or in front of their screens.
It also allows them to use their creativity and imagination to build something that’s truly their own creation.
Here are some gorgeous gnome garden ideas and projects you can look through to get started.
Adorable DIY Gnome Garden Ideas & Projects for Kids
A Gnome’s Home
This is a amazing and fun way to decorate a large tree in your garden. You can turn part of the tree trunk is a mini gnome garden by creating his home just like this.
Here, you see a few lovely things at the base of the tree. But, the main attraction is the gnome in his front door and the beautiful steps that lead to them.
While the previous DIY gnome garden idea featured stunning carvings on the trunk of the tree, this one builds an entire village complete with a river around the base of the tree.
This is an awesome project the kids can enjoy doing and continuously keep working on.
- 11 DIY Moss Terrarium Ideas That Will Amaze You
- 12 Minimalist Indoor Living Plant Wall Ideas that are Gorgeous
- 12 Cool DIY Backyard Treehouse Ideas for Kids
- How To Create a Peaceful Zen Japanese Garden in Your Backyard
- 11 Ingenious DIY Garden Markers That are Easy to Make
- 13 Creative Garden Stairs on a Slope for Hills & Inclines
Gnome Garden Using Aluminum Tubs
If you have a few unused aluminum tubs, they too can work to replace the tree as the canvas for your gnome garden.
In this case, stacking the different sized tubs one over the other gives you a lot of space for your imagination to run free.
The tub tower also creatives a structure that lets you make different levels with varying themes.
Gnomes Tending Their Farm
In this front yard, we see a lovely gnome family tending to their plot. Their farm is just on the banks of a small river and they’re growing different kinds of harvest there.
The contrasting colors are what make this garden art design wonderfully fun to look at.
Cool Tree Stump Hotel
This is one of my favorites among the DIY gnome garden ideas in this list. It is simple and subtle. Yet, once you notice it, you immediately notice how brilliantly creative it is.
The gnome hotel features the front door with a small lit window telling you that it is night time and the lights are on inside.
And, the windows are spaced out in somewhat random manner to make them gorgeous to look at.
In this lovely garden art, the village gnome stands right at the border of his property looking past the river.
It clearly depicts his home which is a cut hut as well as the different paths that allow him to move about including the bridge to cross the river.
Don’t mess with anything in the garden or you’ll tick off the angry gnome.
This garden addition is such a cute and funny accessory you can add almost anywhere that lighten up the mood.
After all, that’s what gardens are for, right? To let you get away from the stresses of life and just enjoy nature.
This entire gnome garden makes use a narrow bed that’s just beside your home.
Many home have this small space that are often not suitable for growing plants. Often, they’re just too small. Other times, the soil is poor.
One way you can turn this space into something beautiful to create something whimsical like a DIY fairy garden that the kids can enjoy and work on in their free time.
Farmhouse in a Pail
In case you have an old wooden pail lying around, you can use it to create your own little gnome world. At the center of this on is the large red mushroom.
But, there are many other details in alongside it that bring the entire gnome garden to life.
A Gnome’s Life
This cute DIY gnome garden idea repurposes an old, unused garden fountain as well as some small toys to bring a small blank area of the garden to life.
This is what’s great about garden décor is that is can instantly transform the mood of the garden by instilling some humor, lightness or color, depending on what you want to convey.
- A Gnome’s Home – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/59672763802296516/
- Gnome Village – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/140806228486537/
- Gnome Garden Using Aluminum Tubs – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1829656088980115/
- Gnomes Tending Their Farm – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/70437481039130/
- Cool Tree Stump Hotel – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/140806228160232/
- Villager Gnome – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/492649946132547/
- Angry Gnome – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/722898177686498698/
- Gnome Town – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/406168460151178345/
- Farmhouse in a Pail – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/7810999343807039/
- A Gnome’s Life – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/44191640072752281/