DIY concrete planters are something that many people don’t use because they don’t look as elegant or modern as some other containers. However, they’re stronger and more resilient than almost any other material. This makes them perfect for your garden and backyard.
The key is making them look pretty, which is quite easy once you get the hang of it.
Here are some amazing ways to create stunning looking concrete planters. Try them out for yourself!
DIY Concrete Planters
Large Floor Vase Planters
These are modern looking concrete planters that come in different sizes. However, they’re all big. So, they’re best suited on the floor and somewhere there’s enough space so the area does not look cramped.
The most unique part about them is the uneven edges which give them a lovely accent on the side. As such, it’s a good idea to place them somewhere where all the sides can be seen from different angles.
DIY Rustic Stone Pots
These are amazing stone pots that have intentionally been aged to look whitewashed. The beautiful design makes them stand out amongst any kind of container because of their appearance including their texture and color.
Their size also makes them very versatile for indoor display, although you can just as easily place them outdoors as well.
- 13 Dazzling DIY Hanging Basket Ideas for Your Porch
- 11 Captivating Fire Pit Pergola Ideas for Your Backyard
- 13 Simple DIY Compost Bin Ideas You Can Make on a Budget
- 13 Gorgeous Balcony Lighting Ideas to Light Up Your Home
- 13 Captivating Living Garden Decorations & Structures to DIY
- 15 Charming DIY Painted Rock Ideas for the Garden
DIY Stone Planter with Decorative Tile
This is one of my favorites in our list of DIY concrete planters because of the lovely tile mosaic.
You can mold this cement planter just like the others ones but using a larger square base and rectangular overall shape.
The tricky part is leaving enough space for the tiles to go in. So, measuring everything beforehand is very important.
Concrete Sack Planter
This is one of the coolest cement planters I’ve seen. From afar, you’d think that plants are grow in some kind of sack. But, once you take a close look, you’ll realize that the sack is actually made of concrete.
The texture and realistic nature of this creation is just mind boggling to me. And, I love how it can play tricks on the eyes.
Small Succulent Planters
While the sack may be a little harder to recreate without some molding experience, this is something anyone can easily create on their own.
And, their size makes them easy even for beginners since you can do a lot of trial and error if needed.
The best thing about these succulent planters is they can go anywhere including the windowsill, tabletop, ledges or even on shelves.
DIY Tabletop Bowl Planters from Stone
One of the most beautiful creations in our list of DIY concrete planters are these stone bowls.
In addition to their lovely shapes, the cloud-like paint makes them amazing to look at.
Thus, they’re perfect as tabletop accessories.
Cracked Concrete Spherical Planter
This is another unique creation that features a large spherical concrete structure with what looks like a cracked middle where succulents are growing out from.
This is no doubt more difficult to plan and create compared to just a plain sphere shape.
But what makes it spectacular is how the plants look like they naturally come out from the ball. Even the cracks look very real.
Hanging Concrete Round Pot
If you don’t have a lot of extra floor space, then these are something worth looking at.
They are hanging concrete bowls that come down quite a bit from the ceiling or overhead beam. Their weight means you want something that can hold them up quite well.
This way, even when soil is added, weight won’t be a problem.
The bowls are very beautiful to look at. And, you can easily place them in the deck or patio.
DIY Cylindrical Concrete Planter
Cylindrical concrete planters are another option that work especially well.
I’ve found that if you keep them outside, you can leave them as is because their rugged look fits in well there. But indoors, it’s always a good idea to add some color to them to soften up the concrete look.
In this case, its bright painted rings as the bottom. But you can easily use your favorite colors as well. Light and pastel colors work really well.
Concrete and Wood Planter Boxes
Want something large enough to hold a flower bed? How about this planter box?
This gives you a beautiful elevated raised garden bed that’s decorative as well.
It is perfect if you have a bad back or have problems bending over to tend to your garden.
The box is made from a combination of wood for the structure and filled with concrete to make up the sizes. Needless to say, it is heavy.
DIY Small Decorative Planters
Here’s another decorative tabletop concrete planter that’s perfect for any outdoor setting.
They’re can be displayed together which allows you to grow different plants in one area.
Large Balcony Vase Planters
These magnificent concrete vase planters are perfect for you balcony, deck or patio because of their size and robust look.
They’re thick construction allows you to load them up with bushy plants without a problem. And, the depth will accommodate those that like to grow deep roots as well.
Modern DIY Long Planter Boxes
If you’re looking for something that’s more modern looking, these are perfect. They’re larger in size which makes them perfect for lining your patio or backyard.
But, you can easily resize them to something more manageable depending on where and how you want to sue them.
These long planters have a rectangular shape with a wooden edge near the top. So, you’ll need to measure this to make sure it fits every corner perfectly.
- Large Floor Vase Planters – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/852447035716252670/
- DIY Rustic Stone Pots – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/7951736832093663/
- DIY Stone Planter with Decorative Tile – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/530228556117362144/
- Concrete Sack Planter – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/109634572168212829/
- Small Succulent Planters – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/13370130130449943/
- DIY Tabletop Bowl Planters from Stone – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/270497521358689683/
- Cracked Concrete Spherical Planter – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/153403931048482250/
- Hanging Concrete Round Pot – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/552676185527925193/
- DIY Cylindrical Concrete Planter – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/22095854410773651/
- Concrete and Wood Planter Boxes – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/152840981088890724/
- DIY Small Decorative Planters – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/39265827980596601/
- Large Balcony Vase Planters – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/358951032808332458/
- Modern DIY Long Planter Boxes – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2111131052859278/