DIY backyard garden chair ideas let you create your own custom furniture that fits your home’s design. It also lets you save a lot of money along way.
But, choosing the right kind of look can be hard if you don’t see them visually.
So, to help you decide on which designs you think will work best with your backyard, patio or garden, here are some of my favorite DIY outdoor chair ideas.
DIY Backyard Garden Chair Ideas
DIY Cushioned Chair
This lovely chair looks like something you can buy in a furniture store. But, it’s actually a DIY that’s made from 2×4’s and wood screws. That’s it!
Of course, the nice blue cushions on the seat and backrest add an extra touch.
But, the point is, you can create amazing outdoor furniture just like this in a very affordable way.
Backyard Chair Swing
If you have old chairs, you can repurpose them into a cut swing like this. This is perfect for your deck, patio or even in the garden.
The lovely pastel colors put the over the top.
- 14 Fast Growing Living Fence Ideas for Extra Privacy
- 12 Imaginative DIY Outdoor Room Ideas
- 11 Beautiful DIY Air Plant Display Ideas – Decorating with Air Plants
- 12 Radiant DIY Outdoor Plant Wall Ideas You Can Easily Recreate
- How to Display Plants Indoors – 10 Amazing Houseplant Décor Ideas
- 14 Unique DIY Tiered Raised Garden Bed Ideas
DIY Modern Rustic Sofa
This is a longer variation of the DIY chair above. It uses the same concept, and can be made from 2×4’s as well. You do need a little bit more wood to build the entire frame.
Larger cushions are likewise in order to fit the entire sofa.
DIY Pallet Lounge Set
In case you have old pallets lying around from past deliveries, you can use those instead of 2×4’s. This will save you money. And, it will allow you to recycle those pallets into something useful.
DIY Modern Outdoor Sofa
This is another one of my favorites among this list if DIY backyard garden chair ideas. It is a beautiful outdoor set that you can make for under $200.
The set includes a long sofa and two chairs all with cushions for comfort.
I love how them look and you can leave them as it so add a little shine or paint if you want to create a different look.
DIY Decorative Armchair
If you want something that’s with a little more style, here’s something you can build yourself.
The chair is made from wood just like the others. It uses thinner measurements.
What makes it distinct is that cloth wrapping around the backrest and arms. They’re amazing beautiful with the chair making it look like something you’d pick up in a boutique furniture store.
Repurposed Double Chair
Sometimes, you just need to make minor adjustment to old items to repurpose them.
This is how this bench came about. All it took was a few pieces of plywood long enough to cover the seating surfaces of both chairs.
This allows you to connect separate chairs to create a bigger waiting bench.
Simple DIY Outdoor Chair
This looks like a simplified director’s chair made from wood. It is easy to create and works really well as a step stool as well it case you need to change light bulbs or put up Christmas decorations.
$30 DIY Patio Chair
Among the biggest reasons why DIY is such a big hit amongst home décor enthusiasts is because you can customize things to exactly your liking.
Plus, they come out so much cheaper than if you would have found them in a store.
Such is the case with this $30 DIY patio chair.
I’m willing to bet none of your guests will believe you built this. And, that it costs $30 all in.
All-Weather Rocking Chair
If you like lounging around in your front porch, garden or patio, this is the perfect outdoor seat for you.
This is a beautiful DIY rocker that can be built with the same tools that many of the chairs here are.
The most challenging part of this creation is the curved skis at the bottom and getting the right balance. Once you get those right, the rest are straightforward woodwork.
DIY Outdoor Low Sofa
Here’s an example of why creating your own furniture is awesome.
In this case, the sofa is built much lower than standard. As such, something similar can be difficult to find in big box stores.
But, if you DIY it, you can adjust it to your liking, whether high or low.
Rustic DIY Lounging Chair
This is another rustic DIY lounge chair that’s perfect for outdoor use. It can withstand the elements and wis very sturdy as well.
So, you can put your entire weight on it when you relax and not worry about it, which can be a problem with many modern store bought chairs which are flimsy.
DIY Counter Height Bar Stools
If you have an outdoor bar or counter kitchen, these DIY high bar stools are perfect.
They are comfortable and easy to get on to. Plus, you can add cushions if you wish.
Backyard Double Chair
This is another variation of the double chair / combined bench above. But this time, you’ve got a little bit of a gap in between.
This extends the resulting the resulting bench to fit up to 3 people if needed.
The beauty of this DIY double chair is that they’ll each have their own distinct look based on the old chairs your use.
- DIY Cushioned Chair – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/280560251774681236/
- Backyard Chair Swing – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/33706697195806272/
- DIY Modern Rustic Sofa – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/253960866473999636/
- DIY Pallet Lounge Set – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/826129125381205208/
- DIY Modern Outdoor Sofa – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/253538654010040349/
- DIY Decorative Armchair – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/681099143644557628/
- Repurposed Double Chair – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/607211962234247741/
- Simple DIY Outdoor Chair – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3237030972095869/
- $30 DIY Patio Chair – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/21321798224522067/
- All-Weather Rocking Chair – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/641763015649890295/
- DIY Outdoor Low Sofa – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/152840981088747450/
- Rustic DIY Lounging Chair – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/33917803433852152/
- DIY Counter Height Bar Stools – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5207355807277691/
- Backyard Double Chair – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/135389532536380545/