Last Updated on October 31, 2021 by Phil
Looking for DIY air plant display ideas? Here are some fantastic ways to decorate your home with these beautiful plants.
Because they don’t need soil to grow, this gives you the freedom to put them anywhere. And, as you’ll see below, there are many different ways you can spruce up any room or outdoor space just by adding these wonderfully unique looking plants.
Let’s get started!
DIY Air Plant Display Ideas
Birch Log Air Plant Centerpiece
This is one of my all-time favorites. It is a table centerpiece that features air plants on a birch log with some subtle lights.
This is perfect if you’re looking for something to decorate a dinner table when you have guests over.
Air Plants Hanging in Glass Bowls
Here’s another amazing one in our DIY air plant display ideas list. It features air plants grown in open terrariums or mini fish bowls which. Then, they’re suspended from the ceiling using decorative hanging ropes.
Each one is a small decorative piece that’s gores well in the company of other items.
- 12 Radiant DIY Outdoor Plant Wall Ideas You Can Easily Recreate
- How to Display Plants Indoors – 10 Amazing Houseplant Décor Ideas
- 14 Unique DIY Tiered Raised Garden Bed Ideas
- 14 Inventive Houseplant Decor Ideas That Will Make Your Home Stand Out
- 15 Low Maintenance Front Garden Driveway Ideas
- 14 Adorable DIY Ideas for Original Garden Pots
On Hanging Wooden Planks
Yet another lovely way to decorate your home with air plants. This design is perfect if you don’t have a lot of space or you want to add a little something to spruce up your walls.
These lovely pieces are made up of small wooden plants where the air plants sit. Each plant is held up by a small uneven ropes that are hung by hook or nail against the wall.
Air Plant Terrarium
Terrariums are one of the most popular ways to grow air plants. They’re perfect because they don’t need soil and get a lot of oxygen. Plus, the closed area increases humidity which helps it feel more at home since rainforest have very humid climates.
Hanging Air Plant Frame
In addition to placing them against the wall, you can likewise add a frame This is another way to enhance the look of air plant decorative pieces especially if you’re using small plants.
You have the final say in how the frame looks and how big is should be. This also lets you pick out the material and color as well.
Air Plant Stand Display
One of the less common ways to display air plants is by placing ton is stands. But, it works just as well, especially on tabletops.
You can use decorative stands to add to their looks as well.
In Circular Wall Hangers
Here’s a very cool way to decorate your home with air plants. It makes use of the circular hangers’ design and shape to complement the air plant.
And, by allowing the plants to sit on the base of the circular hangers, you’re able to add a touch of nature to them.
Air Plant Display on Cholla Wood
I love this décor because it s simple yet so lovely.
In addition to hanging, air plants grow very well on wood. This lets them live similarly to how they do in the forest clinging onto trees. And, creating a vertical piece of wood, or any shape for that matter and allowing air plants to fill it up is a fantastic way to display them.
Cascading Air Plants
DIY air plant display ideas often make use of a few of them distributed across a space. They look amazingly beautiful this way.
But, you can likewise group them together to form different shapes and more density.
Here’s a great example of using larger air plants and allowing them to cascade downward from a frame.
Air Plant Wreath
During the holidays or on certain occasions., wreaths are a great decoration piece. And, air plants work very well to create the base of your wreath.
You will need a few a of them to fill out the entire circle. But, they make a unique looking design.
Air Plant Fence
Here’s one for optical illusions!
If you look from a few feet away, it would seem like there’s a wall full of air plants. But, as you get closer, you’ll notice that the “fence” is created by hanging air plants.
This amazing design is perfect if you want to segment or make some kind of barrier that between your home, patio or garden.
- Birch log Air Plant Centerpiece – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1266706135041918/
- Air Plants Hanging in Glass Bowls – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/479563060329389125/
- On Hanging Wooden Planks – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/540924605251426165/
- Air Plant Terrarium – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/16255248645424979/
- Hanging Air Plant Frame – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/27092035248719448/
- Air Plant Stand Display – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/211174958044312/
- In Circular Wall Hangers – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/844847211346310818/
- Air Plant Display on Cholla Wood – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/211174970995809/
- Cascading Air Plants – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/211174968812306/
- Air Plant Wreath – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/552676185506663418/
- Air Plant Fence – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/436286282650865955/