Bamboo landscaping ideas are not often seen in many gardens and yards because it is not easy to blend these unique looking trees with most flowers, shrubs and grass.
But, once you get the hang of using them in your garden or yard, you’ll see how beautiful they can make it.
Here are some of my favorite ways to use bamboo landscaping to get you started.
Bamboo Landscaping Ideas
Bamboo by the Side of the Pathway
If you have any pathway by the side of the house that does not have any décor, adding bamboo to it is a great way to turn it from drab to fab.
The long lovely limbs of the bamboo when lined up in rows makes them amazing to look at.
In Individual Planters
Due to its size, bamboo is often grown in the ground. But, you can also plant them in containers to produce a different effect.
While they won’t grow as big or bushy, they’ll still make a lasting effect especially if you have a set of bamboo on planters.
- 15 DIY Garden Table Ideas You Can Make on a Budget
- 10 Super Cute DIY Gnome Garden Ideas & Projects for Kids
- 11 DIY Moss Terrarium Ideas That Will Amaze You
- 12 Minimalist Indoor Living Plant Wall Ideas that are Gorgeous
- 12 Cool DIY Backyard Treehouse Ideas for Kids
- How To Create a Peaceful Zen Japanese Garden in Your Backyard
There aren’t many plants that go well with Zen gardens. In fact, rocks are often better options since you can easily arrange them to keep the flow of these Japanese-style gardens.
However, bamboo are among the exceptions.
If you look at cultural sites or have traveled to Japan, you’ve probably seen bamboo surround Zen gardens, albeit in a subtle way.
Small cozy corners are another perfect place to use bamboo landscaping. In fact, these large, thin plants are often used as borders or near walls most gardens.
This is one incredibly beautiful example of how you can create a stunning look even in a small backyard.
Speaking of using these plants in the background, this next item in our bamboo landscaping ideas features clumps of bamboo grouped together a few feet from one another to create a beautiful backdrop effect in the yard.
Modern Backyard Look
This ranks among my all-time favorite bamboo landscaping ideas. It is amazing to look at. And, the bamboo does a magnificent job in adding depth to the backyard.
Without it, the yard won’t have any height in the middle as the trees only fit to the sides.
But, their slim looks lend themselves very well for the middle of the yard to create more character.
Bamboo Privacy Screen by the Wall
If your home happens to have low walls and you wish to have more privacy, there are many ways to go about it.
One is to grow bamboo right in front of wall.
Bamboos, when allowed to grow will get very tall. Thus, it is up to you on how high you want them to reach before you trim them.
Long Planters by the Side of the Garden
More often than not, garden edges near walls and fences are either left blank, feature flowers beds or planters.
For the latter, you can give bamboos a try.
This is a great way to a very different look especially if you have a small yard.
This design uses bamboo that have been chopped up and finished. Thus, you have the more refined look.
By lining them up with random heights, you’re able to create a very unique looking garden edging design that will certainly attract the eye of any visitor.
Small Yard Landscaping
Do you have a small yard with islands instead of one large garden plot?
If that’s the case, worry not. You’re in luck!
Bamboo are well suited for this look as you can grow them in a bed of rocks to produce the beautiful landscaping design you see in the photo.
Modern Indoor Landscaping with Bamboo
Bamboos are perfect for modern home design and landscaping because of their appearance.
In this case, they are grown in long planters where you have clumps up them spread up a few feet apart. This allows you to produce enough density without overdoing it.
This bamboo landscaping design uses bamboo to create a privacy fence.
You can build the fence as high or as low as you want depending on its purpose and the look you’re going for.
This is a lovely way to create more character and contrast in your garden.
- Bamboo by the Side of the Pathway – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2251868552653549/
- In Individual Planters – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/619948704949103736/
- Zen Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/431008626841611006/
- Cozy Corner – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/540361655259841590/
- Garden Backdrop – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/205195326762405113/
- Modern Backyard Look – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/101119954122297921/
- Bamboo Privacy Screen by the Wall – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/552887291740484594/
- Long Planters by the Side of the Garden – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/26599454039841550/
- Bamboo Edging – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/34058540919945652/
- Small Yard Landscaping – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/33495590963342861/
- Modern Indoor Landscaping with Bamboo – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/388154061640085432/
- Bamboo Fence – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/48835977196586358/