DIY arch designs are a wonderful addition to any yard or garden because they add height and the ability to let flowers grow around it.
While they do take up quite a bit of space, they’re prefect if you want an extra dimension to your garden.
That said, there are tons of different designs and looks you can go with when it comes to arches.
Here are my favorites.
DIY Arch Designs
Wooden Pergola Arch
This is perfect if you want an anchor point to a certain section of your garden. Its masterfully strong looks make it a nice centerpiece to which everything revolves around.
You can keep it as is. Or, allow some vining plants to climb around it. Although you want to be careful not to overdo it since too much foliage or flower coverage will hide its beautiful wooden look and structure.
Wooden Arch Entryway
For a more rustic, poignant look, here’s an archway that is well-suited for entry spaces. It easily goes with fences and other borders. This makes it easy to incorporated into your garden.
- 12 Creative DIY Garden Decorations from Old Drawers
- 12 Space Saving DIY Hanging Planter Ideas
- 12 Tropical Garden Ideas That Will Take Your Breath Away
- 13 Creative Garden Stairs on a Slope for Hills & Inclines
- 13 Marvelous DIY Concrete Planters You Can Make for Cheap
- 13 Dazzling DIY Hanging Basket Ideas for Your Porch
Romantic Garden Arch
For a little romance in the garden, try this metal arch that’s composed of a frame.
Unlike the bigger wooden arches, this is designed to allow climbing flowering vines to cover most of the space. The arch provides more or a structure. And, will look a little bare without it.
You can decide to use white, pink or yellow flowers to match the beautiful green background to complete this look.
Standalone Garden Arch
In most cases, garden arches are heavy and need to be installed into the ground. But, if you want something you can move yourself (with some help) anytime, this is a good option.
This standalone arch is make from a metal frame. As such, it looks best with a somewhat dense flowering vine covering it.
The two containers provide the based make it easier to move when needed.
Victorian Rose Arch
This combines both a frame and the thick structure. As such, it can be used for decorative purposes on tis own. Or, you could allow climbers to cover it as well.
This arch is pre-fabricated. It is big and heavy and will be installed into the ground.
Wooden Yard Arch
This wooden arch is perfect for entrance and exits. It also allows you to grow plants above to block out some of the sunlight.
With a lovely wooden design and bright white colors, it perfectly goes with white picket fences and other borders.
Rustic Arch Portal
This arch portal is uses the same structure as the previous design. But, it comes with a more wooden, rustic look as opposed to the very refined modern appearance of the other one.
This is perfect for entryways and to match with fences. Its arch design allows you to grow let plants climb onto it as well if you wish. Or, you can keep it as its to show off its beautiful appearance.
Metal Garden Arch
Unlike many of the arches in our list, this is more decorative and meant to be left alone. So, instead of allowing vines to grow all over it, it is better suited for hanging plants from above.
This is a great complement to gardens with a lot of plants, shrubs and bushes.
For less curves and more corners, this wooden ladder arch is perfect if you want something more sturdy and strong looking in the middle or to the side of your garden.
This is a perfect design for cottage and country style gardens. The lovely wooden flower archway lets you grow a dense amount of flowers around it to bring out its amazing looks.
This metal garden arch provides a tunnel that allows you to enjoy its looks. The length also lets you decide if you want to grow more or fewer plants around it.
This will affect how much light gets through to the arch. As such, you don’t want to get the vines get too dense as it will become darker inside the archway.
Patio Flower Arch
This is one of the more elaborate looks in our list. And, a lot of its comes from the density of the floral vines on the top section of the arch.
This makes for a beautiful decorative design.
Decorative Garden Arch
This design is thinner and more wire-like compared to the others which are either made from wood or thick metal.
As such, it has a finer, more finesse look to it. You can use this to cover benches (as in the photo) to provide a shade over the certain spaces.
Similarly, you can use it to delineate parts of your yard.
This decorative metal arch is designed for roses to climb on and bloom. The high and wide design lets you fill the entire structure with colored roses you wish.
- Wooden Pergola Arch – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/360499145178111274/
- Wooden Arch Entryway – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/7248049389513003/
- Romantic Garden Arch – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/92746073565244228/
- Victorian Rose Arch – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2744449762898830/
- Wooden Yard Arch – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3166662227075331/
- Rustic Arch Portal – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/43417583897003240/
- Fence Archway – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/191191946670706784/
- Ladder Arch – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/563018684936210/
- Flower Archway – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/8162843063527086/
- Metal Archway – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/49047083430490969/
- Patio Flower Arch – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3870349664512713/
- Rose Arch – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/457467274656354265/