DIY hanging planter ideas make for amazing display pieces both inside and outside your home. They’re perfect if you don’t have a lot of space left in your yard, garden, patio or living room since they don’t take up any floor space.
Plus, they add extra visual appeal at eye level or any area above ground.
To help you find something perfect for your home, check out these wonderful DIY hanging planter ideas.
DIY Hanging Planter Ideas
Ceramic Hanging Planter
Decorative ceramic planters look amazing when hung because of their smooth, reflective appearance. Here, you can go with different colors, shapes and designs.
In the photo, you have something cute. But, you can very well choose something that’s elegant or rustics as well depending on where you’ll be placing it.
- 12 Tropical Garden Ideas That Will Take Your Breath Away
- 13 Fun & Easy Colorful DIY Painted Garden Pot Ideas
- 13 Brilliant DIY Planter Stands for Vertical Gardening
- 14 Creative DIY Cinder Block Projects for Your Backyard and Patio
- 12 Creative DIY Garden Art Ideas That are Easy to Make
- 16 Stunning Sloped Backyard Garden Hillside Landscaping Ideas
DIY Hanging Rain Gutter Planters
If you prefer to DIY your hanging planter, try using rain gutters. Their length and shape make them perfect for holding many plants. And, you can make many tiers where you can grow an assorted of flowers, herbs or foliage plants as well.
The best part is they’re very cheap. And, if you have some extra lying around, you don’t need to spend any money to create this hanging planter.
Oblong Hanging Planter
This is a lovely looking hanging planter that’s very simple. Yet, it has an amazing look to it.
Its lovely shape makes it unique. And, the holes allow trailing plants to get through as well adding extra effect.
Simple DIY Rope & Dog Bowl Planter
This is one of the simplest DIY hanging planters you can create. It makes use of some twine and a dogy bowl.
Needless to say, it is very inexpensive. Yet, it looks great.
The dog bowl also lets you hang larger plants than most other hanging planters will allow.
Modern Metal Pot Hanger
Here’s something you can add to your home if you want a modern piece. It is minimalistic. But, it looks beautiful.
This hanging planter is more for decorative purposes than it is functional. As such, you’ll only be able to grow smaller plants and herbs here.
DIY 5-Tier Hanging Planter
From the indoors, we head on over to something that’s designed for the outdoors.
This gorgeous 5-tier hanging planter is perfect for decorating blank spaces around your home, patio or garden.
The best thing about it is that it is simple to create. And, all you need are some square pieces of wood and hanging media. For the latter you can use metal or rope.
You’ll also need to cut circles in the middle of the wooden pieces. This will require some kind of power saw.
DIY Hanging Pail Flower Planters
Repurpose your old pails in your garden by using them as hanging planters.
Since pails come in all sizes, this lets you decide how big a pail to use depending on the plant you wish to grow there.
DIY Wall Hanging Pots
This design is very similar to the previous one. But, it is less rustic in appearance.
Also, it is more suited for indoor display as opposed to the pail hanging planters which are perfect for outside.
Similarly, you have smaller containers here as well. Thus, herbs and other small foliage plants are ideal.
Bread Bowl Hanging Planter
Above, we had a doggie bowl serve as the planter. This time, it is a bread bowl.
Bread bowls are perfect because of their shape. They also have a good enough amount of space that allows you to grow all sorts of plants there.
Plus, since all bowls come in different styles, you’re able to create all sorts of lovely hanging planters from them.
Decorative Wooden Hanging Pot Holder
This is not a hanging planter. Instead, it is a pot holder. But, it pretty much serves the same purpose.
The biggest advantage here is that it is easier to remove the plant if needed.
And, you can swap plants just as easily since you can place a different planter in whenever you feel like it.
Hanging DIY Wooden Planter Boxes
This is one of my favorite pieces because it is simply lovely to look at.
The wooden planter boxes can blend in with different surroundings. And, you can place it indoors and outdoors.
All you need are some wood to create the boxes. And, have chains or some kind of media to hold the boxes up.
Depending on what you want to plant in them, you can make bigger or smaller planter boxes as well.
Hanging Planter Chandelier
If you want to make a statement, here’s something you can make.
This takes a little more work. And, if you want to copy the exact design of the chandelier in the photo, you’ll need to know how to weld to do so.
That said, you can use other materials to create the chandelier frame.
- Ceramic Hanging Planter – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/859413541393333102/
- DIY Hanging Rain Gutter Planters – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2955555994179810/
- Oblong Hanging Planter – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/685039793319947372/
- Simple DIY Rope & Dog Bowl Planter – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/841821355346384891/
- Modern Metal Pot Hanger – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/391250286382049208/
- DIY 5-Tier Hanging Planter – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/502010689695642515/
- DIY Hanging Pail Flower Planters – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/94153448449644621/
- DIY Wall Hanging Pots – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/308567011974032752/
- Bread Bowl Hanging Planter – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/518688082089959497/
- Decorative Wooden Hanging Pot Holder – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/710091066247174928/
- Hanging DIY Wooden Planter Boxes – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/17521886041957995/
- Hanging Planter Chandelier – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/718113103082601176/